Briercrest seeking new basketball coach
<strong>Briercrest College & Seminary
Head Coach Women’s Basketball</strong>
Briercrest College & Seminary is seeking a dynamic coach to lead its Women’s Basketball program to the next level. As the head coach, your mission will be to develop an elite, post-secondary program that consistently performs in five Key Result Areas:
1) Recruiting and Retention – A team filled with players that exemplify the “Total Champion Way” (aligning with our core values).
2) Spiritual Formation – A team that demonstrates passion and discipline for their sport and a devotion to love and serve their teammates that comes from a growing relationship with Jesus.
3) Leadership Development – A team that will embrace the challenge of becoming women built for others: taking responsibility, doing productive things, making tough decisions, serving others & training others to take your spot.
4) Perennial Champions – A team that will earn ACAC play-off medals and CCAA National Championship berths and medals.
5) Alumni Relationships and Fund Raising – A program that engages alumni and friends of the women’s basketball team to support, encourage and give to build a program that reflects the purpose, values, vision, strategy, success factors and goals of Briercrest Athletics.
Briercrest Athletics has an excellent, very supportive staff team. Briercrest College & Seminary and the athletic program has taken great strides forward over the last number of years to fulfill their mission through developing a focus in five strategic areas:
1) The “Briercrest Experience”
2) Rigorous Learning
3) Athletic Excellence
4) Community Service
5) Vocational Pathways
Briercrest College & Seminary offers a wide variety of high quality educational programs and features a very competitive athletic and academic scholarship program. You will be encouraged to pursue some very talented mission fit student-athletes to build your championship caliber team and you will have the resources and programs to recruit and retain them.
The ideal candidate for this position must be a Christian. The candidate must have at minimum a Bachelor’s degree and preferably a Masters degree. The candidate should have NCCP Level 2 coaching certification and working towards NCCP Level 3 coaching certification. The candidate should have experience successfully coaching basketball at an elite level. Previous experience coaching at the post secondary level would be a definite asset, but quality high school coaches may also apply.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found; however, applicants who apply by <strong>February 18, 2011 </strong>will be given preference. Submit your resume to:
Director of Athletics
Briercrest College & Seminary
510 College Dr
Caronport, SK S0H 0S0