- “God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him” (Jim Elliot)
If you could, what would you do to help make the world better and why?
- Invent a time machine, go back in time, and kill the serpent, Satan, before it could tempt Eve because then we would all still be living in perfection (hopefully).
What has been your greatest moment in life so far, athletically and non-athletically?
- Athletically: In one year, captaining the volleyball, basketball, and hockey teams for Ambrose University College, winning a volleyball championship and MVP of the league, winning Athlete of the Year for Ambrose a second time and being recruited to play for Briercrest College in the ACAC
- Non-athletically: Either scoring in the 95 percentile of the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) by God’s grace or travelling to Europe in the summer of 2012 to serve the Lord in Italy by leading up a team of volunteers to serve at a kid’s camp.
Who are 5 famous people that you would like to spend a day with, dead or alive?
- Jesus Christ, Dwayne Wade, Lionel Messi, Morgan Freeman, Jarome Iginla
Best advice you have received? Best advice you would give someone?
- Answer to both: Meditate on what it means to truly trust in the Lord and give our lives to Him in sacrifice. Rather than worrying about our problems, we could be using that time to solve many others. In other words, embrace the present because God has control of the future.
What Bible verse have you been most impacted by and why?
- James 1:2-4 (NIV) “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” - I like this because it tells us to accept times of hardship with joy because we already know that God is using them to perfect us. Therefore, we can embrace the present knowing that God has control of our future.
What is your career ambition?
- I want to become either an orthopedic (bones/joints) surgeon or a pediatrician (children’s doctor). I am currently applying to medical school to make this a possibility. I would also like to split my time between North America and other parts of the world where I could service using the talents God has given me.
Who has been the biggest influence in your life and why?
- My dad for sure. He has modeled what a man after God’s own heart looks like. I have seen him use his gifts for serving the Lord and blessing His kingdom. I have also seen him be challenged by his weaknesses and respond to these challenges with reverence and a motivation to learn and improve. I hope I can grow up to be half the man he is!
A few of Favorites
- TV Show? Friday Night Lights
- Ice Cream flavor? Lemon gelato
- Movie? The Avengers
- Superhero? Ironman
- Meal? Perogies and Farmer’s Sausage
- Piece of clothing? Shirts optional
- Book? The Shack by William Young
- Course at Briercrest? Care/Prevention of Athletic Injuries
- Vacation destination? Greek Islands
- Scent/smell? Most girls’ perfume
- Pro Sports Team? Miami Heat
- Pro Athlete? Dwayne Wade
- Genre of music? Techno Beats
- Song? “About Today” The National