- Be realistic. Plan for a miracle.
If you could, what would you do to help make the world better and why?
- Tell every single person about the joy, satisfaction, and eternal importance of salvation in Jesus Christ.
What has been your greatest moment in life so far, athletically and non-athletically?
- Athletically- Blocking shots always really pumps me up, and there was this one game my first year of college where I got 10-12 blocks. It was pretty great.
- Non-athletically- Some of my greatest moments have been getting through some of the hardest times in my young life: “He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord.” So, on that note, some great moments in my life have been when I get to share with people what God has done in my life, where I have come from, where He has brought me.
Who are 5 famous people that you would like to spend a day with, dead or alive?
- Jesus Christ, Apostle Paul, Queen Victoria, Steve Nash, John Newton
What Bible verse have you been most impacted by and why?
- “I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!” Psalm 27:13-14. This verse has impacted me in a big way. The psalmist, David, expresses such hope for this lifetime in his first statement. I, also, believe that I will look upon the goodness of the Lord in this temporal life, and this is what gives me reason to continue on when there is so much darkness. We need to wait on the Lord, be strong, and let our hearts take courage, for we will see his goodness here. Let us wait on the Lord!
What is your career ambition?
- I want to be a teacher. For the first little while at least, I want to teach English to speakers of other languages, preferably abroad.
Who has been the biggest influence in your life and why?
- Many individuals have had great influences on my life. Obviously my family- my parents, my brother, grandparents have hugely shaped who I am today. My second roommate in my first year of college basically changed my life at the time by loving me unconditionally through some dark times. And my Auntie who lived with my family since I was born was and is a significant influence on my life. She sets such an example with her love and devotion to the God of Israel, and with how she treats those around her- family, co-workers, friends, and acquaintances alike- with respect and love.
A few of Favorites
- TV Show? Departures
- Ice Cream flavor? Depends on my mood, sometimes I'm all for anything with peanut butter and chocolate, at other times I'll go for something like dark chocolate raspberry.
- Movie? Bourne movies or LOTR
- Meal? Perogies with Mennonite sausage, onions, sour cream
- Piece of clothing? My hippie bird sweater- so comfortable
- Book? I really appreciate the Lord of the Rings- the character development, the engaging storylines and the intricate world that Tolkien created.
- Course at Briercrest? The Church and the Kingdom or Gospels with Wes or one of my TESOL courses (because they're all so sweet!).
- Vacation destination? Greece
- Scent/smell? Food when I'm hungry.. which is pretty often. Other than that, I LOVE the scent of real Chinese oolong tea.
- Pro Sports Team? I am not good at being loyal to just one, especially with the NBA.. and I didn't watch the past season at all. But I like the New York Knicks.
- Pro Athlete? I've always really like Jose Calderon and Dwight Howard for basketball, and Peter Crouch for Soccer
- Genre of music? Right now- acoustic and folky type stuff
- Song? Right now- Dry Bones by Gungor