- “Yep... Inside each and every one of us is one true authentic swing... Somethin' we was born with... Somethin' that's ours and ours alone... Somethin' that can't be taught to ya or learned... Somethin' that got to be remembered... Over time the world can, rob us of that swing... It get buried inside us under all our wouldas and couldas and shouldas... Some folk even forget what their swing was like...” – Bagger Vance
If you could, what would you do to help make the world better and why?
- If I could I would make it possible for every kid of every race and age able to participate in Sports. They would be able to have a chance at playing a high level or just for fun. They would have a chance without the various costs and be able to play as kids.
What has been your greatest moment in life so far, athletically and non-athletically?
- Athletically my greatest moment has been when our high school volleyball team won 3rd in Fraser Valleys. Our team lost the first two sets but then came back to win the last three. I was honored with an all-star award, but it wasn’t about the award it was about how our team all worked together to accomplish this goal that seemed unreachable at the time but became possible with our determination.
- Non-athletically would be when I went to Paraguay and played with some kids and realized that I had a calling to serve kids in underdeveloped countries. Just to play with them and show the God’s love through that.
Who are 5 famous people that you would like to spend a day with, dead or alive?
- Audrey Hepburn, Betty White, John Wayne, Leonel Marshall, and Husain Boldt.
Best advice you have received? Best advice you would give someone?
- Live life to the fullest, and the advice I would give someone is That you may only live once but you also only die once as well.
What Bible verse have you been most impacted by and why?
- Colossians 3:23 “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.” This verse has motivated me through tough times during my sport life. It has been an encouragement and has set the bar for me as an athlete. The words have reminded me of why I am playing sports and have kept me accounted for.
What is your career ambition?
- For the longest time I wanted to be a professional athlete. I still do want to play sports at a high level, but after that is all done, I would love to go into sports medicine and become a massage therapist, or to just become a professional athlete trainer. Although I have found myself lately wanting to be a coach and help out others that need it in the area of volleyball.
Who has been the biggest influence in your life and why?
- My sister, not only because of our relationship as family but also because of our time we spend together as friends. She is steadfast in God and she has shown her love for him in many ways. She has shown me that life is a gift and if we are to live fully, we need to give everything up to God. Her random planning and crazy trips have inspired me, along with her willingness to try anything. Her determination in dance even when it looked impossible showed me her strong will and gave me confidence to do the same.
A few of Favorites
- TV Show? Big Bang Theory
- Ice Cream flavor? Orange Sherbert
- Movie? The Island
- Superhero? Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles
- Meal? Chicken Pot Pie
- Piece of clothing? Sweat Pants
- Book? Hunger Games
- Course at Briercrest? Kinesiology
- Vacation destination? Croatia
- Scent/smell? Citrus
- Pro Sports Team? Canucks
- Pro Athlete? Kerri Strug (1996 Olympic Gold medal Gymnast)
- Genre of music? All-types
- Song? Dancing in the Moonlight, by Top Loader