- The Creed of the Champion:
“I am not judged by the number of times I fail but by the number of times that I succeed in direct proportion to the number of times I fail and keep trying.” - Tom Hopkins
If you could, what would you do to help make the world better and why?
- There are so many things that you can do but I would want to start a non profit organization similar to invisible children. The reality of child soldiers is heart breaking and I think that more should be done to help change that.
What has been your greatest moment in life so far, athletically and non-athletically?
- Athletically it would either be winning Nationals in indoor volleyball or coming second in Nationals for beach volleyball.
- Non-athletically it would be getting baptized in the Jordan River in Israel.
Who are 5 famous people that you would like to spend a day with, dead or alive?
- I would want to spend a day with Hugh Jackman, Leonard Nimoy, James Franco, Siwan Choi, and Kahi Park
Best advice you have received? Best advice you would give someone?
- The best advice I have heard is actually a verse, Psalm 27:13 “I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.” Every time I am stressed or feel like everything is going wrong I remember that verse. I remember that God is with me and that He is good and that He has revealed His goodness throughout the day, I just need to remember to thank Him for the little things that He has done.
What Bible verse have you been most impacted by and why?
- I love the verse from Isaiah 6:8 “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” This verse has been I reminder to me every day of what my purpose is. God has called us to go and make disciples of the nations and I want to be the kind of person that is ready to do what God has called me to do. I want to go with a servant heart and to share with others the gospel that has changed my life.
What is your career ambition?
- I want to be an english teacher over seas.
Who has been the biggest influence in your life and why?
- I respect and look up to my parents, they have helped me so much in my life and I love them so much. However I think that my grandpa is somebody that I aspire to be like. He died when I was in grade seven but whenever I think about him I can only picture somebody that was strong in their faith somebody that was willing to help with absolutely anything, even if it was inconvenient he was there to help with a smile on his face. I want to be like that, I want to be somebody that others respect and admire how I did my grandpa.
A few of Favorites
- TV Show? Community
- Ice Cream flavor? Cookie Dough
- Movie? Gladiator
- Superhero? Batman
- Meal? Pad Thai
- Piece of clothing? Grandpa sweaters
- Book? House by Frank Peretti
- Course at Briercrest? Spiritual Formation
- Vacation destination? South Korea
- Scent/smell? Bacon
- Pro Sports Team? Vancouver Canucks
- Pro Athlete? Fernando Torres
- Genre of music? Classic Rock
- Song? Land of Hopes and Dreams – Bruce Springsteen