- “Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis
If you could, what would you do to help make the world better and why?
- If there were no limits to what I could do to make the world better, then I think I would replace any corrupt leaders. Otherwise, all I could do is live faithfully to what God calls me to at the time. Sometimes you have to narrow your vision down in order not to miss what’s right in front of you.
What has been your greatest moment in life so far, athletically and non-athletically?
- Athletically: My greatest athletic moment so far would have to be occurring right now. Originally I would have said it was a tournament won; however, this past season I was unable to play because of a knee injury. I’m so thankful to be back playing now that nothing can top this for greatest moments.
- Non-athletically: I don’t have a specific moment in my life that I could call the greatest. Although, I must admit that nothing can top when you go outside and experience an overwhelming sense of relief and peace in God. I suppose every time that happens I’ve experience a great moment.
Who are 5 famous people that you would like to spend a day with, dead or alive?
- Jesus!!, Paul, Leonardo Da Vinci, Michael Jordan, Obama
Best advice you have received? Best advice you would give someone?
- Some of the best advice that I have received was from my mom. She told me once that we faithfully for the Lord to answer us no matter how long it takes or what the outcome is. It seems straight forward enough, but it was important for me to hear at the time.
- There are so many things one can say to someone, but I think the advice I would give is to learn to love others in the same way God loves us. Otherwise, we are all in for unfulfilling relationships.
What Bible verse have you been most impacted by and why?
- There isn’t a particular one, but I recently I was reading Isaiah and I liked Isaiah 61: 1-3. It talks about how we are anointed to bring hope to the nations and praise instead of mourning. It encouraged me to remember my goals in serving God.
What is your career ambition?
- I am currently unsure as to what my career ambitions are. I just started a degree in biblical studies, but I don’t know if I will be staying at Briercrest. I’m hoping that this will be a good thinking year where God will reveal to me where he wants me to go.
Who has been the biggest influence in your life and why?
- Jesus!!!.... but for people I would have to say my mother (sorry Dad). I’ve always come to my mom for answers because she is so real with me. No one else can be as blunt or as encouraging as my mom. She pushes me in just the right ways.
A few of Favorites
- TV Show? 6teen
- Movie? Lord of the Rings
- Meal? Turkey Dinner
- Vacation destination? Mountains (Alberta)
- Pro Sports Team? NBA Denver Nuggets
- Genre of music? I don’t know!
- Ice Cream flavor? Mint Chocolate Chip
- Superhero? Iron Man
- Piece of clothing? Any hoodie
- Book? Great Expectations
- Scent? Pumpkin Spice
- Pro Athlete? Destiny Hooker
- Song? Once in a While, by Jon Bryant
- Course at Briercrest? I just started, so I don’t know!