- “And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” – Jesus Christ
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “Joy is the serious business of heaven.” – C.S. Lewis
- “We are not here to build a crowd, we are here to build a Church.” – Mark Clark
If you could, what would you do to help make the world better and why?
- I would be part of a collaborative effort to unify churches in Canada so that we would not argue over divisions and doctrine. I would love to see church programs created in cities where groups from multiple denominations work together on projects in unity and love.
- I would have a speaking ministry that would encourage Christians to use their finances unselfishly for the Kingdom and give more to Kingdom work. Christians in Canada have plentiful monetary resources that have the potential to do great things in the global scene.
What has been your greatest moment in life so far, athletically and non-athletically?
- Athletically: Performing a self alley-oop windmill dunk on camera
- Non-Athletically: Becoming a born again Christian on September 1, 2010
Who are 5 famous people that you would like to spend a day with, dead or alive?
- Jesus Christ
- The Apostle Paul
- Mark Clark
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- The Apostle Peter
Best advice you have received? Best advice you would give someone?
- “Be the best you can be in everything that you do.” – My dad, Matt Briscoe
- “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” – Colossians 3:23-24
What Bible verse have you been most impacted by and why?
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” - Philippians 4:6-7
- This passage confirms that God has the power to guard our hearts and minds from the lies of the enemy through the practice of prayer
What is your career ambition?
- Chartered Professional Accountant, Finance and Investing, Pastoral Ministry, Piano Teacher, Missionary, and the list could continue…
Who has been the biggest influence in your life and why?
- Mark Clark, Rick Kirschner, Byron Morgan, Mark Little
- These guys have been instrumental in shaping my passions for Jesus, business, and life in general
A few of Favorites
- TV Show? Don’t have a favourite (don’t watch TV)
- Ice Cream flavor? Vanilla
- Movie? Don’t have a favourite
- Superhero? Spiderman
- Meal? Anything homemade by mom
- Piece of clothing? Suit and tie
- Book? Bible
- Course at Briercrest? Literally all of them
- Vacation destination? Somewhere hot and on a beach
- Scent/smell? Walking in the forest on an Okanagan summer day (specifically in Kaleden, BC)
- Pro Sports Team? L.A. Lakers
- Pro Athlete? Steve Nash
- Genre of music? Christian pop/rock, Classical, Jazz
- Song? 10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) – Matt Redman, Canon – Johann Pachelbel