- The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.-Bob Marley
If you could, what would you do to help make the world better and why?
- I would only allow people to be honest. There would be no opportunity for anything other than the truth lived out and spoken of. This way everyone would know their value, and the amazing story of Jesus' life.
What has been your greatest moment in life so far, athletically and non-athletically?
- Athletically: winning league finals by one, in grade 10
- Non-athletically: going to Disney Land with the family!
Who are 5 famous people that you would like to spend a day with, dead or alive?
- Honestly, I am not really in touch with the famous people world...but I do know Jesus, and I would love to spend a day with him in person!
Best advice you have received? Best advice you would give someone?
- The best advice I have received is not to worry. God knows what he is doing, so why not just trust him?
- The best advice I would give someone is never stop praying. When times are great, sucky, scary or unreal, take everything to Jesus. Trust him above all else, and tell him everything. He already knows, but he wants to hear from you. Being in relationship with him is the best thing that will ever happen to you.
What Bible verse have you been most impacted by and why?
- Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ. Philippians 3:8
It is just a great reminder that the only thing in life that really matters is that we know Jesus, and if we do, it will change our lives.
What is your career ambition?
- To become and English language teacher
Who has been the biggest influence in your life and why?
- My mom and dad. They have both challenged me to become the best I can be in whatever I do. My mom has constantly encouraged me to grow in my walk with the Lord, and she has been an example to me by her faith and perseverance to keep smiling even when life sucks. My dad has always shown me how to work hard athletically, and been my biggest support through my basketball career. He is definitely my number one fan.
A few of Favorites
- TV Show? Big Bang Theory
- Ice Cream flavor? Mint chocolate chip
- Movie? Catch Me If You Can
- Superhero? Spiderman
- Meal? Quesadillas
- Piece of clothing? My angry birds boxers
- Book? Erasing Hell
- Course at Briercrest? Well, I haven't taken many yet, but so far I am enjoying German
- Vacation destination? Anywhere there is water!
- Scent/smell? Cotton candy?
- Pro Sports Team? The Clippers, obviously!
- Pro Athlete? Albert Pujols
- Genre of music? Country
- Song? Woman Like You-Lee Brice