Briercrest College and Seminary
Position Profile – Director of Enrolment Services
June 5, 2013
The Director of Enrolment Services is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and coordinating all efforts related to recruiting and admitting new students to Briercrest College and Seminary and Caronport High School. They are also responsible for providing organizational leadership for best practices in retention strategy.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Completed an undergraduate degree (graduate degree preferred)
- 5+ years of managerial experience including leading an enrolment services, registrar or student services department/division in a post-secondary institution.
- A proven understanding of strategic enrolment management
- A track-record of building strong teams
- Ability to leverage and implement technology to deliver high quality services
- A demonstrated ability to think creatively and critically
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, organizational, communication, and administrative skills enabling effective and collaborative working relationships with Academic Services, Student Life Division and across faculties, schools and student organizations.
- Successful experience in team leadership and supervision
- Proficient with the use of computer software in a Windows platform and with database software
- Ability to manage a budget and bring substantial return on investment
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence and continuous improvement
- Able to travel
- Or an equivalent mix of skills and experience.
- Provides leadership to a team of Recruiters (Regional Reps) and Admissions Advisors for the three schools (Caronport High School, Briercrest College & Seminary)
- Establish strategic direction, objectives and goals for Enrolment Services activities, programs and services, including strategic plans for institutional promotional events.
- Works with the Cabinet and department leaders to set annual enrolment goals
- Develops policy for Cabinet approval and implements policies and procedures related to admissions, recruitment and retention of students.
- Analyzes and uses data and research for effective decision-making, planning and assessment
- Ensures an exceptional student experience by promoting a highly effective customer service culture, setting enhanced service standards for students and other clients
- Initiates the development and implementation of innovative technology to provide enhanced service and staff efficiency
- Develops campus-wide initiatives for both on and off-campus events and activities to achieve Briercrest’s enrolment objectives
- Develops, implements and manages all budgets within their department
- Serves on committees, working groups and task forces, as appointed or assigned
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with the Registrar and with enrolment professionals from other institutions, government representatives, and other related local/national/international organizations.
- Other related duties
- Reports to the VP-Enrolment
- Leads the Enrolment Services Team that provides primarily recruitment and admissions services
- Is an active member of the Enrolment Leadership team
- Works closely with the Director-Athletics and the Registrar
Closing date for applications: As soon as a suitable candidate is found.
- This position will average 40 hours per week.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names of three reference by email to:
Director of Human Resources
Briercrest College and Seminary