Mission and Scriptural Foundation
Heart. Soul. Mind.
high school experience with college opportunities
At CHS, we value each student as an individual and as part of a community; we develop all aspects of their personhood with excellence, according to God's highest purpose for their "heart, soul, and mind."
Scriptural Foundation: The basis of our values
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind…Love your neighbor as yourself.'" (Matthew 22:37, NIV)
Modus Operandi: How we enact our scripture-driven values and objectives
- "Love the Lord your God with all your heart…Love your
neighbor as yourself":
- As a community of citizens, we facilitate students' participation in a variety of extra-curricular, intramural, and service activities designed to develop them as well-rounded citizens of our world.
- "Love the Lord your God with all your soul…":
- As a community of believers, we create a spiritually nurturing environment for students and call them to explore and to deepen their personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- "Love the Lord your God with all your mind…":
- As a community of learners, we challenge all students to develop an attitude of excellence towards their studies in order to prepare them to be lifelong learners in their sphere of influence.