Scholarships and Bursaries
The CHS scholarship and bursary application is for any student planning to attend CHS for the 2016-2017 school year.
Dates and Deadlines
Applications open May 1, 2016.
Applications close May 31, 2016.
Application Form (open May 1 to May 31)
Award recipients will be notified by email June 30, 2016.
Amber Torgersen Memorial Bursary - $700
For a student entering grade 12 with financial need. The recipient should display a solid and growing commitment to the following qualities: spiritual commitment and discernment; work ethic; leadership skills; commitment to encouraging fellow students; involvement in co-curricular areas such as music, drama, athletics or service activities.
Donald K. & Kathleen M. Moore Short-term Missionary
Scholarship - $700
For a student planning to or having just served a short-term summer missionary ministry under Child Evangelism in Canada or a short term missions team in a foreign country.
Eliana Ike Celebration Bursary - $1,000
Available for a CHS student who demonstrates financial need.
Esther Beck Memorial Bursary - $500
For a student with financial need interested in missions now and in the future.
Gerald and Daisy Frostad Honorary Scholarship -
For a descendent of Gerald and Daisy Frostad or for a fine arts students.
Hall Family Scholarship - $2,000
For a dorm student, with preference given to a student athlete in good academic standing.
Odete Ike Memorial Scholarship - $500
For a student with financial need interested in sciences or economics.
Wal-Berg Enterprises Bursary - $500
For a current grade 11 student returning for grade 12 with financial need. Student must live in dorm.
Scholarships/Bursaries available to CHS, college and seminary students
Jolly Family Bursary - $1,500, 2 available
For a CHS, college or seminaryaboriginal student (First Nations including non-status, Inuit, and Metis) with financial need.
Wendell Jensen Memorial Award
For a grandchild of Wendell Jensen, second preference for a descendent of Wendell Jensen, third preference to a student with financial need.
Please note: not all scholarships/bursaries are awarded every year.
General Eligilibility Criteria
Each student who would like to be considered for an award from Caronport High School must submit a completed application form by the stated deadlines and declare all information to be accurate to the best of his or her knowledge.
- Official acceptance to Caronport High School (pending final official transcript review), meeting Caronport High School admissions requirements.
- Students applying for all scholarships/bursaries/awards are required to complete the application by the stated deadline each year.
- Preference will be given to students who live in dorm*
- Students are required to have a minimum of 60% average.*
- Students are required to study full time. Enrolment in less than full time will result in termination of the award.
- Students are required to exhibit financial need for bursaries.
- Students must maintain good standing in all areas in the year awarded.
- Students must meet criteria of the specific scholarship, bursary or award.
*With the exception of certain scholarships. Exceptions are noted in those specific award criteria.