At Briercrest College and Seminary, you will find a superb education with academically challenging courses, highly credentialed faculty, modern facilities, and a learning community that supports education.
- chartered by the Government of Saskatchewan since 1939 to award degrees at the post-secondary level
- fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the Association for Biblical Higher Education
- Student Achievement and Institutional Effectiveness
- Upcoming Review Announcement
- affiliated with the University of Saskatchewan
- associated with the University of Regina
- affiliate member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- offering Bachelor of Arts degrees since 1988
- academically rigorous courses that will develop reflective decision making skills and build a firm foundation for one's beliefs
- respected and highly credentialed faculty members
- a learning community that blends both spiritual and academic growth
- facilitie s that provide students with a comfortable learning environment, including a 25,000-square foot library
- known a s a primary source of workers for Canadian church and Christian organizations
After a recent evaluative visit by the Association of Theological Schools, our seminary was granted another ten years of accreditation. This is the longest possible term of re-accreditation that the ATS confers.
The four external evaluators from ATS developed a 100-page internal report based on their visit, commending Briercrest for the following:
Its unique modular format of course delivery as one that serves the educational needs of its geographically widely scattered constituency, especially those who are already engaged in the practice of ministry. The team found strong support for the modular system among the faculty and those students it was able to interview. The team agrees that such a system provides unique opportunities for on-campus study for those who live at a distance from the seminary.
The ATS report identified several other strengths at the seminary, including a "young, energetic faculty dedicated to the mission of the seminary," excellent facilities, and a "highly competent administration." The report also gave accolades to the seminary's extension site in Secunderabad, India, in partnership with Operation Mobilization. The site offers two master's degree programs and now has 65 students enroled (25 more than the projected enrolment set only one year ago)! The ATS report called it "an exemplary model of international extension education."