Credit Transfer

Before Briercrest College and Seminary: Transferring In

At Briercrest College and Seminary, we want to give you credit for what you've already learned. We accept courses for transfer of credit from accredited institutions in Canada and elsewhere. We also review courses from unaccredited institutions for possible transfer credit.

You can see how courses from your previous school will transfer by viewing our Transfer Credit Equivalents directory (currently only for select schools in Saskatchewan).

All transfer students must complete at least half of the credit hours for their desired program, as well as at least half of the credit hours for their program major, while in residence at Briercrest to graduate from any program (residence is defined as completing courses offered by Briercrest College and Seminary).

For complete details, download the Briercrest College and Seminary Credit Transfer Policy.

Getting Started
In order to have your previous post-secondary studies count toward a Briercrest College and Seminary degree, contact your former schools and request that they mail an official copy of your final transcripts to:

Admissions Office
Briercrest College and Seminary
510 College Drive
Caronport, SK
S0H 0S0

(Faxes or photocopies are adequate for an unofficial transfer analysis, but no transfer credit will be awarded until we receive official copies of your final transcripts.)

After Briercrest College and Seminary: Transferring Out

The Process
When you transfer from Briercrest College and Seminary to another school, you'll need to supply a copy of your official transcripts, which are available through the Academic Services office. Please make all requests in writing to ensure your personal privacy.

Click here to fill out a Transcript Request Form.

U of S logo.gif

University of Saskatchewan
Our affiliation with the University of Saskatchewan allows Briercrest College and Seminary students to transfer at least 50 per cent of a two-year or four-year Briercrest degree into the College of Arts and Science at the University of Saskatchewan.

Click here to view the University of Saskatchwan's Transfer Credit page

U of R logo.gif

University of Regina
The University of Regina Faculty of Arts offers block credit transfer of up to 50 per cent of courses (up to 60 credit hours) for students who have completed one-, two-, or four-year certificate or degree programs, met English language proficiency requirements, and scored a minimum average of 60% (C-). At least 50% of Briercrest courses are accepted (up to 60 credit hours).

Click here to view the University of Regina's Transfer Credit page


Saskatchewan Polytechnic
Briercrest business students can transfer a portion of their courses to Saskatchewan Polytechnic and complete a business diploma, and Saskatchewan Polytechnic business diploma graduates can transfer to Briercrest and complete a Bachelor of Arts degree in only a couple of years. For more details, please see the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Articulation Agreement.

Click here to view the SaskPolytech Transfer Credit page

U of Waterloo logo.gif

University of Waterloo (Faculty of Arts)
The U of W welcomes inquiries about transfer procedures from Briercrest College and Seminary students.

Click here to view the University of Waterloo's Transfer Credit page


Trinity Western University
Briercrest College and Seminary students can transfer up to 60 credit hours of course work to TWU. Of this total, a maximum of 24 credit hours can be religious studies courses (Bible and theology), and a maximum of 36 credit hours can be liberal arts courses (English, physical education, history, psychology, etc.)

Click here to view Trinity Western University's Transfer Credit page

Minot State University Logo 1.jpg

Minot State University
Briercrest has partnered with Minot State University to offer concurrent degrees in Education and Psychology. Students will spend the first three years at Briercrest, and the final two years at Minot State University. For those wishing to pursue an Education Major, upon completion of three years of study in select Briercrest BA programs, students can transfer into one of four majors at Minot State: BSE in Elementary Education, English, History, or Music.

For Psychology students, upon completion of three years of study in the BA Psychology at Briercrest, students can transfer into one of three degrees at Minot State: BS Addictions Studies, BS Communication Disorders, or a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW).

Click here to view Minot State University's Transfer Credit page

Click on the links below to see the signed agreements between Briercrest and MSU for each respective program:
Bachelor of Arts - BCS / Bachelor of Science in Education - MSU 
BA Pscyhology / BS Addictions Studies Agreement
BA Psychology / BS Communication Disorders Agreement
BA Psychology / BSW (Social Work) Agreement

Former students have also received transfer credit on a case-by-case basis from a growing list of institutions, including the University of Alberta, University of Calgary, University of Lethbridge, University of Manitoba, and University of Winnipeg.

Taking a Class Outside of Briercrest

Admitted students who wish to take courses offered by other post-secondary institutions toward their program at Briercrest must first apply for permission to be a visiting student through the Academic Services office. There is no fee for a letter of permission. For more information on our transfer credit policies, contact your academic adviser or Academic Services.

Recognition of Prior Learning

Can I get credit for my experiential learning?
Briercrest offers Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition. This process makes it possible to evaluate past learning against established academic standards so that Briercrest can award credit. This process includes evaluation of learning by portfolio, challenge exams, and interview. These options are available only to accepted students.

Portfolio or PLMA (Prior Learning and Ministry Assessment)
This process is a guided study in how to move life learning into an academic framework to obtain academic credit. Attention will be given to identifying personal strengths, weaknesses, and life mission, to examining the formal learning experience and what is required in an academic program, and to integrating life learning into a chosen academic program. For those who are contemplating a return to formal education, this process is a beginning point to help clarify goals and expectations as well as an outline of the process required in requesting academic credit for non-formal learning experience(s). You must be an accepted student to begin this process. Click here to download the PLMA guided study.

Challenge Exam
Credit by Challenge permits students to receive degree credit in specified courses without actually registering in and taking courses provided the student can demonstrate an acceptable level of mastery of the course content. Students admitted to a degree program at BCS may receive degree credit in a limited number of courses for knowledge or skill obtained in a non-university context or by private study. It is the desire of BCS to allow for recognition of prior learning at minimal cost in time and finance to the student in conjunction with BCS standard and quality assurance of education. Click here for complete information on the Challenge Exam process.

An interview may be used in conjunction with the Portfolio or Exam Challenges and on some occasions by itself. For example, an Oral Proficiency Interview may be the most efficient way of assessing ability in a second language.


Subject Codes and Historical Equivalents