Considering applying for our Kaléo program? Still not sure what you're going to do when you graduate but you're starting to look at options? Are you looking to build a foundation for whatever comes next in life?
Discover what this unique leadership program is all about by experiencing it for yourself! Come and stay with our students in their accommodations - Pacific Woods Lodge.
Sit in on a class, share some meals, share your story, and make some friends. Gain a first-hand view of student life at Qwanoes. Our hope is that this would help you assess if the program is right for you.
Age Grade 11 & 12, plus college age (up to 22 years of age).
Cost: There is no cost. Come as our guest!
Experience the Kaléo Program dates:
- Nov 25th - 26th 2013
- Jan 6th - 7th 2014
- Mar 10th - 11th 2014
Option for mainlanders: Departing from Tsawwassen ferry at 12:45pm and returning to Tsawwassen at 5:15pm the following day.
Option for those arriving by plane: Fly into the Nanaimo airport and we will provide transportation to and from the airport. Coordinate flight arrival and departure times with the Kaléo Program Leaders
Option for those driving themselves: Camp is located at 1148 Smith Rd, Crofton BC. Arrival at camp should be between 3:30pm and 4pm on the dates listed.
- Mainlanders arrive on the 12:45pm ferry
- Arrive at camp at 3:45pm
- 4:00pm Get a tour around camp and facilities
- 4:30pm Meet with leaders for a seminar on the details and the goals of the program
- 5:30pm Dinner with students
- Free time in Pacific Woods Lodge
- 7:30pm - 8:30pm Evening activities with the students
- Accomodation provided in student housing
- Connect with students 1 on 1 to get questions answered and hear their stories
- 8:30am breakfast
- 9:15am sit in on class
- 11:30am chapel
- 12:30 lunch
- 1:30 Meet together to talk through any last questions
- 2:00 Depart
- Mainlanders - Catch the 3:15 Ferry back to Tsawwassen
How to book your time: To arrange your Experience visit, call our Kaléo program office at Qwanoes at 1-888-997-9266 (local 250-246-3014), ext. 116 or 222 or email Andrew MacDonald (Kaléo Program Leader). Qwanoes will provide transportation to and from ferry terminal or airport. All other transportation/expenses are covered by the individual.
For more information visit our Kaléo program website: www.kaleo.ca
Follow the journey - www.kaleo2014.blogspot.ca