2014 Commencement Guide for College
Congratulations on reaching this point in your academic pursuit. We are looking forward to helping you celebrate your graduation with your class mates, family and friends. The following guide is designed to walk you through the graduation process.
AA & BA Graduation Applications are due October 10, 2013
- Applications need to be submitted to the Academic Services office
- Late applications, if accepted, will be charged an additional $30.00 along with the regular grad fee.
Certificate Graduation Applications are due February 21, 2014
Preparing for Graduation (AA & BA grads)
- Graduation Qualifications
- Fill out your correct program sheet based on the
instructions below, print it off and attach it to your grad app.
(These program sheets are in Microsoft Excel format and if you are
unable to open it, try downloading a free version of Open Office and then open the
document. As a last resort, a blank, printed program sheet can be
obtained from the Reception desk in the Academic Services
- Indicate all grades received for courses completed at BCS.
- Indicate all transfer credits received from previous educational institutes with a "T"
- Indicate courses that are currently being taken with an "F" for fall and a "W" for winter courses
- Indicate courses that were taken through Distance Education with a "DE"
- If you haven't already done so, you might want to visit your Program Coordinator and make sure everything is in order to complete the necessary courses by April, 2014. Students who are missing one or more courses will not be allowed to participate in Commencement.
- If you are completing two degrees, you will need to fill out and attach both program sheets
- A grad fee of $145.00 will be charged to your student account on October 11, 2013. This fee applies to all AA and BA grads regardless of whether or not you choose to attend the banquet and ceremony. A full refund will be available to you if you should decide to withdraw your application.
- Make arrangements with the Grad Coordinator to have your grad picture taken in the Academic Services office for the yearbook and for the hallway composite. This needs to be done any time before the Christmas break but the sooner the better.
- If you are graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree, you will need to prepare a portfolio and submit it to the Academic Dean's office by January 20, 2014 (or November 4, 2013, if not returning in January) at which time you will be able to sign up for your portfolio interview. Contact your Program Coordinator if you have any questions regarding your portfolio.
Grad Banquet and Commencement Information
- The grad banquet will be held on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 @ 5:30 PM in the Edwards Chapel and is reserved seating only. Please contact the Grad Coordinator by March 24, 2014 to confirm your own seat plus request to reserve up to two complimentary seats for family or friends. A limited number of extra seats may be requested at a cost of $35.00 each. Any additional reservations after March 24, if accepted, will cost $40.00 each.
- Information about Commencement and the grad banquet can be found in the following links and the Grad Coordinator will be sending out emails with more detailed information during the second semester.
Links to Grad Schedule and Accommodation Information
Saskatchewan Graduate Retention Program
Please fill out this Consent Form if you would like Briercrest College and Seminary to apply on your behalf to the Ministry of Advanced Education, Employment and Immigration for an income tax tuition rebate certificate to which you may become entitled to under The Saskatchewan Graduate Retention Program Act. For more information consult www.aeei.gov.sk.ca/grp
Dates To Remember
- Portfolio information session September 18, 2013
- AA & BA graduation applications are due October 10, 2013
- Grad picture for yearbook and hallway composite October to December, 2013
- Portfolios due for BA grads not returning in January November 4, 2013
- Portfolios due for all BA grads January 20, 2014
- Portfolio Interviews January 27 to February 7, 2014
- Certificate grad apps are due February 21, 2014
- Last day to reserve grad banquet seats March 24, 2014
- Last day to hand in DE assignments April 8, 2014
- Commencement Rehearsal 6:00-7:30 PM April 15, 2014
- Graduation Banquet April 16, 2014
- Grad Program 6:45-8:30 PM April 16, 2014
- Faculty Reception 8:30-9:30 PM April 16, 2014
- Commencement April 17, 2014