Scholarships and Bursaries
Deadlines for 2015-16
Application opening: May 1, 2015
Application deadline: May 31, 2015
Application form will be open May 1 - 31, 2015.
Award letters will be emailed by June 30, 2015. Only scholarship recipients will receive notification.
- Students applying for scholarships must submit the application by May 31, 2015.
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Applicants must be registered for and complete 18 credit hours during the academic year. Preference given to on-campus courses. Enrolment in less than 18 credit hours per year will result in termination of the award.
- Students must maintain good standing in the year the award is given.
- Student must meet criteria for the specific scholarship or bursary.
2015-16 Financial Awards available to Seminary students only*
Briercrest Board Reunion Bursary - $2000, 2 available
For a seminary student in full time studies with financial need preparing for full time vocational church, mission, or parachurch ministry. Note: Successful applicants may apply to receive this award more than once.
Helen Goertz International Student Bursary -
For an international student with financial need.
James and Mary Miller Memorial Bursary -
For a student with financial need who has demonstrated a commitment to pastoral care and ministry.
Jan Tennent Memorial Scholarship - $500
For a student with financial need studying theology.
Paul and Jane Magnus Seminary Student Scholarship -
For a deserving student with high aspirations, potential and commitment to leadership and ministry.
Schnare/Oickle Memorial Bursary - $1000
For a student who demonstrates servanthood and leadership qualities with preference given to those from the Atlantic provinces.
2015-16 Financial Awards available to College and Seminary students
Briercrest Opportunity Fund - $4000
Available to a full-time student who has demonstrated an active life of service to his or her community and has financial need.
Jolly Family Bursary -
For a college or seminary aboriginal student (First Nations including non-status, Inuit, and Metis) with financial need.
Joseph Chung Award -
For a student who has demonstrated a commitment to missionary service or ministry to people with special needs.
* Note - not all scholarships/bursaries are awarded every year
Married Student Discount
Spouses of full-time students are eligible for a discount in the tuition costs per semester. To apply for the discount, complete and submit the Married Student Discount Application Form.