Tony Schnare, MA
Instructor in Counselling PsychologyDirector of Counselling and Health ServicesAssociate Dean of Seminary Student Development
Department of Professional Studies and Performing Arts
B.Th. Central Pentecostal College, 1990
MA Briercrest Seminary, 1992
Areas of SpecializationAdult children of alcoholics and dysfunctional families, Sexual abuse recovery (male and female), Grief, Professional misconduct involving sexual abuse, Sexual addiction, Same-sex attraction, Marriage and family issues, Anxiety, Depression. Clinical supervision.
Tony thinks of himself as a reformed Maritimer. Having made the cultural transition to the Prairies, Tony has been at Briercrest College and Seminary for 18 years. His front lawn on campus boasts what is perhaps the only replica of the famous Peggy's Cove Lighthouse west of Nova Scotia.
Prior to coming to Caronport, Tony pastored in Saskatchewan and Manitoba. He currently maintains a private counselling practice alongside his responsibilities as Director of Counselling and Health Services, teaching, and participation in the seminary community.
Since graduating with his MA, Tony has continued his academic pursuits toward various levels of clinical and supervisory certifications as a Marriage and Family Therapist.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Canadian Certified Counsellor, Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Clinical Fellow and Approved Supervisor, American Association For Marriage and Family Therapy
- Certified Member and Approved Supervisor, Professional Association of Canadian Christian Counsellors
- Registered Marriage and Family Therapist, Registry of Marriage and Family Therapists in Canada
- Lifetime member, International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Member, Psychological Society of Saskatchewan