Application Start Date: Jan 13, 2017
Application Close Date: Mar 1, 2017
Mission: Briercrest College and Seminary (BCS) is a community of rigorous learning that calls students to seek the kingdom of God, to be shaped profoundly by the Scriptures and to be formed spiritually and intellectually for lives of service.
Reporting to the Dean of the College the Registrar is committed to developing and motivating high performance teams to address student needs and enhance the student experience. The Registrar provides leadership and direction in the management of innovative processes and services that support students and the BCS community. The Registrar leads the administration of the following services for all programs, undergraduate and graduate: registration, student advising, student records, credit transfer, scheduling, student awards and financial aid, academic calendar publications, student data reporting, student success, service learning, and commencement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide leadership to the Academic Services Team and other staff members in the service of all students.
- To provide innovation and clear vision in the continuing development of the Academic Services office.
- To chair the Academic Appeals Committee meetings and other committees as required.
- To attend Faculty Senate meetings and Staff meetings and provide reports as required.
- To attend meetings, as appropriate, of Association of Registrars of Universities and Colleges in Canada (ARUCC), and Western Association of Registrars of Universities and Colleges in Canada (WARUCC).
- To ensure that the processes of the Academic Services office are accurate, courteous, timely, and service-oriented and that the appropriate information and forms are available to students and faculty.
- To work in consultation with the Privacy Officer to develop, implement, and assess privacy policies.
- To provide appropriate training to team members.
- To continue to harmonize and improve all academic policies in accordance with BCS values and industry best practices.
- To responsibly manage the Academic Services budget.
- To supervise the production of the Academic Calendars in electronic format ensuring the accuracy and validity of the contents.
- To update and interpret academic policies and procedures for students, faculty members, administrative staff, and the public.
- To foster positive processes that influence student choices.
- To provide oversight to the Student Success Centre, Service and Experiential Learning, and Internship/Practicum opportunities.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders in curriculum development of partnerships/agreements.
- To ensure that student requests for information receive an accurate, courteous, and timely response.
- To ensure liaison with the finance office.
- To ensure liaison with the Continuing and Distance Education office.
- To work with the Dean of Students to oversee Student Trips, including Study Abroad opportunities.
- To work with the Enrolment Services team to assist in the admission of students.
- To work with the Deans of the College and Seminary to oversee the creation of the academic timetable, including class and examination schedules for approval by Faculty Senate.
- To provide students with timely, required information that will facilitate their registration.
- To oversee the registration process for all new and continuing students.
- To ensure the secure and accurate maintenance of all student academic files.
- To improve the methods of data collection and maintenance, and to develop policies and processes regarding the electronic storage of documents.
- To continue the process of entering archived information into electronic record.
- To oversee the production of academic transcripts upon request for BCS students and alumni.
- To work with other departments to implement industry data-entry standards.
- To oversee the evaluation of transfer credit for all incoming students.
- To work with receiving institutions and others to articulate Briercrest courses.
- To maintain the BCS electronic transfer credit database.
- To issue appropriate letters of permission.
- To provide academic advising to students.
- To work with the Faculty Senate, the IS Department and the Deans of the College and Seminary, Program Coordinators and Advisors to ensure that academic advisers have appropriate training and resources, including appropriate system access, accurate degree audits, an advising handbook, and program planning guides.
- To provide students with appropriate and timely information about deadlines and procedures.
- To review all graduation applications and recommend students for graduation to the Faculty Senate.
- To oversee the details of commencement in collaboration with the commencement coordinator.
- To ensure that the commencement booklet, degree parchments and transcripts are issued accurately.
- To work with the Deans of the College and Seminary and others in the planning of commencement.
- May include the instruction of 1-2 courses per year as assigned.
- Work with other departments to ensure that all government and other organizational reports have the required statistics to complete their reports.
- Oversee and ensure the completion of external reports including, but not limited to, ABHE, ATS, CHEC, NSSE.
- Provide regular Briercrest Registration Reports.
- Provide official detailed statistical reports in a timely manner as requested.
- Work with other departments in the development of accurate and complete reporting tools.
Duties and responsibilities performed within one's capabilities, and that do not constitute a major change in responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time either orally or in writing at the discretion of the Dean of the College.
- The Registrar will report to the Dean of the College.
- The Registrar will be a member of the Deans Council.
- The Registrar will supervise: Academic Services Administrative Assistants/Specialist, Commencement Coordinator, Service Learning Coordinator, Student Financial Adviser, Student Success Coordinator
- The Registrar will seek to maintain positive relationships with outside accrediting agencies and other organizations or groups as directed by the Deans of the College and Seminary.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents by email to the Human Resources office at firstname.lastname@example.org.View our Institutional Covenant