Certificate of the Seminary
The Certificate of the Seminary is designed for individuals who wish to learn and grow in an academic context. It is intended to serve a broad scope of interests and therefore provides a high level of flexibility.
The Certificate of the Seminary is designed for individuals seeking to learn and grow in an academic context. Upon completion of the certificate, and with the approval of the seminary faculty, students may use the accumulated credits toward a graduate program at Briercrest College and Seminary. The certificate can be completed through courses taken on campus or through Distance Learning.
- Complete the 21 credit hour program of studies as outlined
- Achieve a minimum of 2.50 cumulative grade point average on a 4.00 scale
- Receive the recommendation of the seminary faculty
- Complete 9 credit hours in a chosen specialized area of study
- Meet the specified curricular expectations of the program
- Meet all financial obligations to the seminary
Certificate Requirements (21 credit hours)
Core (12 credit hours)
In consultation with the program coordinator, students will choose one course from each of the following disciplines:
Christian Ministry Formation *
Theology OR History
Electives (9 credit hours)
Specialty Electives (from one area of study) **
* May include CM 600 Spiritual Formation for Ministry; CM
601 Philosophy and Foundation for Ministry; LE 605 Personal and
** Biblical Studies and/or Theological Studies and/or History, Christian Ministry, Experiential Ministry (exempt from RD 700), Leadership and Management, Marriage and Family Therapy.
Susan Wendel, PhD
Associate Professor of New TestamentFaculty of Arts and Science
[ read profile ]
Susan Wendel, PhD