Senior Development Officer/Constituent Relations
- This position will serve as a relationship ambassador for Briercrest College and Seminary, uniquely capitalizing on the institution’s long history with its constituency consisting of over 23,000 alumni, in addition to other generous supporters, corporate and foundation contributors and collaborators.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in major gifts fundraising plus proven history in other Development work preferred.
- Undergraduate degree with a Master’s degree preferred. (A combination of equivalent experience and training will be considered.)
- Capital Campaign experience preferred.
- Preference given to an alumnus of Briercrest.
- Must enjoy travel and building/maintaining new relationships.
- Additional certifications would be preferable, i.e. CFRE, AFP.
- To work closely with Development in advancing relationships to encourage generosity towards Briercrest.
- To build new relationships with alumni and friends who are or become supporters of Briercrest.
- To re-establish and deepen existing and former relationships with alumni and friends who are supporters of Briercrest.
- To provide leadership in helping to establish organizational clusters of alumni and friends of Briercrest.
- To work with Briercrest colleagues in the advancement of alumni strategies of the Chief Advancement Officer.
- To liaise with faculty, staff, and other volunteers in supporting external relationships with Briercrest.
- To provide leadership for specific functions in the Office of Development as assigned by the Coordinator of Development.
- To ensure personal strategic contacts that seek to move the relationship with Briercrest forward.
- To build and maintain a relationship portfolio of up to 300 individuals and organizations with major gift potential. 1
- To ensure a minimum of 1502 face-to-face contacts annually, with a minimum of 50% (75) of these contacts conducted on a 1:1 basis; and a maximum of 50% (75) conducted on a 1:group basis.
- To ensure a minimum of 2002 personal contacts annually via phone, e-mail and social media contacts.
- Contacts with individuals and organizations will result in a range of 36 – 60 philanthropic proposals/requests for support, with a suggested average request of $10,000. A success rate of 50% will be anticipated. (NOTE: the preparation of the proposal and details of gift management will be coordinated by the Office of Development.)
- Contacts with individuals will also result in a range of 4 - 12 philanthropic legacy commitments annually. (NOTE: the preparation of legacy documentation and details of gift management will be coordinated by the Office of Development.)
- This position is part of the Office of Development and will report to the Coordinator of Development.
1For the purposes of this position profile, a major gift is defined as a contribution beginning at $10,000 committed to Briercrest over a period not to exceed five (5) years.
2Contacts comprising the portfolio of this position will be identified from the priority prospect pool, and through other prospect identification and qualification efforts.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.
Applications will be received until March 15, 2018. Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents by email to the Human Resources office at email@example.com.