The Development Assistant serves as an administrative assistant in the Development Department. The primary role is to process donations and support relationship building with current and future supporters of Briercrest College and Seminary. Note: This is a 40 hour/week term position to Aug 23, 2019
- Education and/or experience in Business or Accounting preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Genuinely care for and serve people
- Must be a strong team player
- Able to keep personal and donor information confidential
- Able to design efficient and effective processes to achieve desired development outcomes
- Able to manage projects and carry them to completion on schedule
- Careful attention to detail with efficiency and accuracy in data entry
- Good computer skills with a willingness to continuously improve those skills
DESIRED OUTCOMES AND ACTIVITIES
- Actively support and promote the Briercrest College and Seminary vision and mission
- Complete daily donation receipting in a timely and accurate manner
- Produce accurate year-end receipts for donors
- Plan and coordinate development projects and functions including mailings and cards (Christmas, prayer, special events – birthday, anniversary, death).
- Contact and thank volunteers
- Maintain inventory of supplies, stamps, envelopes, etc.
- Communicate the BCS mission and outcomes to donors in a compelling manner through student stories and other means.
- Maintain the confidentiality of personal and donor information
- Prepare reports to support fundraising efforts of Development
- Arrange development events on and off campus and assist with hosting events as needed
- Maintain a professional atmosphere when representing BCS and the Development office
- Warmly welcome visitors to the office and thank donors when receiving donations in person and over the phone.
- Be alert to any information that may contribute to the success of development and communicate it to the other development staff.
- Assist with various Development duties and functions
The Development Assistant is part of the Development Team and reports to the Coordinator of Development.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents by email to the Human Resources office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.