Men's Volleyball Assistant Coach
Posted: July 22, 2019
- Briercrest Athletics is dedicated to preparing student athletes to become champions pursuing excellence in their lives of faith through service, and in sport
- This position will both assist and lead in the execution of the overall athletic plan
- This full-time position is broken into two parts
- Varsity Assistant Coach
- Junior Varsity Head Coach
- A desire and commitment to be a follower of Jesus Christ as a way of life
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Related experience as a player or coach
- Has completed or is completing appropriate certification for post-secondary athletics
- Administrative, technical and financial skills needed to be successful at the role
DESIRED OUTCOMES AND ACTIVITIES
- The candidate will be responsible to positively contribute to the department through decisions and actions focused to further the department and the institution.
- They will be expected to contribute to internal and external relationships regarding department and team work.
- They will be fiscally responsible in their budget management.
- The candidate will focus efforts on building both programs through recruitment and retention of mission fit players.
- They will also work with the development of our alumni through alumni weekend and other opportunities that are presented.
- They will help with the development of summer camp programs. They will develop and maintain markers of success for the players and the team.
- They will utilize technology in coaching approach of the team, through stats, video analysis and social media.
- They will be asked to be innovative in their coaching approach for both their games and for practice planning.
- The candidate will be responsible for the development of the athletes both in and out of the athletic arena, building into them spiritually, academically, and personally.
- They will be responsible to promote an atmosphere for where spiritual and academic success is valued at an elite level.
- This position will report to Men’s Volleyball Head Coach.
- This position will work with the athletic department staff and other coaches
This position will begin as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Please submit electronic resumes to the HR Office at email@example.com.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.