The Archibald Library is committed to supporting the mission of Briercrest through the provision of resources, services and a library environment that supports the curriculum, goals and professional needs of our schools in a way that is characterised by quality and integrity. The Bookstore Associate reports to the Library Director and facilitates the acquisition of new books for textbook sales and the library collection. The incumbent also provides customer service to bookstore customers and library patrons.
Note: This is a full-time position
- Minimum high school diploma; a library technician diploma and/or college degree is an asset
- Previous library and/or bookstore experience is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Word and Excel, data entry
- Able to quickly learn new programs, including BookManager, Point of Sale, and Horizon
- Business administration & accounting skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- The ability to organize systems and workflow
- The ability to work well as a member of a team and work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including effective use of letters, phone, and email
- Availability to work extra hours at the start of each semester as needed
- The ability to lift up to 22 kilograms
DESIRED OUTCOMES AND ACTIVITIES
- Actively support and promote the Briercrest College and Seminary vision and mission
- Prepares and sends purchase orders for library and textbook acquisitions by
- Accurately entering data into the Horizon and BookManager systems
- Bibliographic verification of books ordered
- Checking for duplicates in the library collection
- Tracking faculty textbook orders
- Accurately establishing textbook order quantities
- Receive and process all book order forms by
- Examining each item for damage or shipping errors
- Receiving and processing payment for book shipments
- Contacting suppliers to make corrections if there are any discrepancies or damaged products
- Accurate coding of invoices and credit card bills for payment
- Dealing with publishers on back orders, cancellations, problems, etc. to successful resolution
- Efficient and accurate data entry of all products entering the store, carefully matching each item to its related invoice, while calculating cost, and retail price
- Maintaining the daily flow of receiving, to avoid backlog or late display of product
- Researching, building and processing returns of product to suppliers
- Operates the point of sale for textbooks and completes weekly deposits.
- Co-ordinate annual textbook inventory.
- Other duties as assigned by the Library Director
- The Bookstore Associate reports to the Library Director
- Provides customer service to bookstore customers and library patrons.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents by email to the Human Resources office at email@example.com.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.