Paul E Magnus Centre for Leadership Studies Coordinator
The Paul E Magnus Centre for Leadership Studies, established in 2018, works in conjunction with the MA Leadership and Management (MALM) Program Coordinator to provide an approach to leadership development that will serve students nationally and internationally with leadership training opportunities for credit, audit, and lay leadership development.
The Centre for Leadership Studies Coordinator provides oversight to the Leadership Centre; administers Leadership Certifications; manages and coordinates the training and use of the Teaching Studio; supports the MALM Program Coordinator with conducting live online classes, webinars, and the facilitation of coaching circles; serves the MALM Program Coordinator and students with program planning; as well as serves as an active and contributing member of the Seminary Team.
- Agreement to live within the Briercrest Institutional Covenant and align with the mission, vision, and values of Briercrest College and Seminary
- A desire and commitment to be a follower of Jesus Christ as a way of life
- A MALM degree required
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have strong administrative, organization & self-directed skills with the ability to prioritize
- Possess interpersonal skills in relating well to all students, staff, and faculty
- Willingness to collaborate as a team player with colleagues and departments
- A high level of personal and professional conduct
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office/Zoom products
- Technical competency in understanding, operating, and training others in the use of the Teaching Studio equipment
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DESIRED OUTCOMES
- Provide program coaching and advising for MALM students and Leadership Certification students
- Research and maintain external training options for Leadership Certification students
- Oversee, administer, and send out graduate-level Leadership Certification certificates
- Create and oversee marketing and promotions (including website updates) for the Leadership Centre and Leadership Certifications in coordination with the Marketing Department.
- Manage the institution-wide use of the Teaching Studio:
- Maintain the Teaching Studio schedule
- Provide training and assistance in using the Teaching Studio to faculty & staff
- Liaison for Teaching Studio equipment and maintenance with the I.S. Dept.
- Oversee Teaching Studio college intern
- Research, marketing and administration for online leadership classes, leadership webinars and coaching circles
- Assist the MALM Program Coordinator as administrator and member for the Leadership Centre Steering Team
- Assist in creating and maintaining the Leadership Centre budget and fundraising initiatives as required
- Participate in Seminary Team committees and projects as needed
- Develop a network of consultants/associates of the Leadership Centre who are willing and able to offer helpful consultation to churches, organizations, and businesses.
- Serve as a liaison between the consultants/associates of the Leadership Centre and those in need of such services.
- The CFLS Coordinator reports to the MA Leadership and Management Program Coordinator
- Member of the Seminary Team
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and examples of creative social media experience by email to the Human Resources office (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be received until a suitable candidate is found.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.