Counselling Centre Coordinator
This full-time residential position is part of the Seminary Counselling Department and provides coordination of the Briercrest Counselling Centre and part-time course instruction. The Briercrest Counselling Centre provides counselling service to the students, staff, and alumni of Briercrest Christian Academy, College and Seminary (BCS) and external clients.
This position requires commitment to the Seminary Mission: “Briercrest Seminary provides graduate learning pathways toward ministry excellence, personal development, and vocational competency, which are grounded in biblical and theological reflection and equip students to serve God’s kingdom in diverse contexts.”
- Agreement to live within the Briercrest Institutional Covenant and align with the mission, vision, and values of Briercrest College and Seminary
- Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, or equivalent required. Doctoral degree: or willingness to obtain preferred.
- Designations of Registered Marriage and Family Therapist and Approved Supervisor with the Canadian Association for Marriage and Family Therapy; or willingness to obtain.
- Five (5) years’ experience as a therapist.
- Three (3) years’ experience in leadership or teaching; both leadership and teaching experience in an educational context preferred.
- Superior, well-developed skills in counselling, administration, organization, and interpersonal.
- High level of professionalism and ethical behaviour.
- Proficient in networking and team relationships.
DESIRED OUTCOMES AND ACTIVITIES
- Supporting the Seminary and Counselling Department through:
- Full engagement in Seminary Team and Counselling Department goals, meetings, and committees.
- Teaching up to three seminary counselling courses per year; and
- Providing ongoing counselling internship opportunities and supervision for qualifying Seminary counselling students through the Briercrest Counselling Centre.
- Leading of the Briercrest Counselling Centre through:
- Meeting the counselling needs of the students, staff, and alumni of Briercrest Christian Academy, College and Seminary (BCS) and external clients.
- Ensuring adequate staffing of the Counselling Centre, primarily through graduate counselling interns, as well as contract counsellors to meet the counselling needs.
- Provision of some direct counselling to clients.
- Management of the Counselling Centre budget.
- Providing consultation related to mental health needs of Briercrest students through:
- Actively developing and maintaining regular relationships with BCS Student Development staff for the purpose of support and consultation related to student mental health concerns throughout the year.
- Consultation with Briercrest faculty and administration on mental health matters, when called upon.
- Networking with Moose Jaw Mental Health professionals for the purpose of developing a system of referral.
- The Counselling Centre Coordinator reports to the Dean of Seminary and works with the Counselling Department Head for day-to-day matters.
- This position supervises the following positions/areas:
- Counselling Interns in the Briercrest Counselling Centre.
- Contract Counsellors working in the Briercrest Counselling Centre.
- This position regularly engages in consultation with BCS Student Development staff and assists them in their work in support student mental health.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents by email to the Human Resources office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.