The Bookstore Associate facilitates the acquisition of new books for textbook sales and the library collection. The incumbent also provides customer service and retail sales to bookstore customers.
Note: This is a 20 hr/wk position
- Agreement to live within the Briercrest Institutional Covenant and align with the mission, vision, and values of Briercrest College and Seminary
- A minimum of a high school diploma; a college degree is an asset
- Previous library and/or bookstore or administration experience is an asset
- Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to learn new programs quickly, including BookManager and Point of Sale
- Accuracy and attention to detail, spelling, and math skills
- Strong decision making and business administration skills
- The ability to organize systems and workflow
- Experience with data entry and accounting procedures
- The ability to solve problems and work independently
- The ability to spend long periods working alone
- The ability to work well as a member of a team
- Strong verbal/written communication skills, including effective use of letters, phone, and email
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Availability to work extra hours at the start of each semester as needed
- The ability to lift up to and above 22 kilograms
- Prepares and sends purchase orders for library and textbook acquisitions by
- Accurately entering data into the BookManager system
- Bibliographic verification of books ordered
- Tracking faculty textbook orders
- Accurately establishing textbook order quantities
- Receive and process all book order forms by
- Examining each item for damage or shipping errors
- Receiving and processing payment for book shipments
- Contacting suppliers to make corrections if there are any discrepancies or damaged products
- Accurate coding of invoices and credit card bills for payment
- Dealing with publishers on back orders, cancellations, problems, etc. to successful resolution
- Efficient and accurate data entry of all products entering the store, carefully matching each item to its related invoice, while calculating cost, and retail price
- Maintaining the daily flow of receiving, to avoid backlog or late display of product
- Researching, building, and processing returns of product to suppliers
- Operates the point of sale for textbooks and completes weekly deposits.
- Co-ordinate annual textbook inventory.
- Other duties as assigned by the library director.
- The Bookstore Associate reports directly to the Library Director.
- The Bookstore Associate works collaboratively with Faculty to facilitate textbook orders
To apply, please email a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references to the Human Resources office at email@example.com.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application