The Development Assistant serves as an administrative assistant in the Development Department. The primary role is to process donations and support relationship building with current and future supporters of Briercrest College and Seminary.
Note: This is a 20 hour/week permanent position
• Agreement to live within the Briercrest Institutional Covenant and align with the mission, vision, and values of Briercrest College and Seminary • Education and/or experience in Business or Accounting preferred
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
• Genuinely care for and serve people
• Must be a strong team player
• Able to keep personal and donor information confidential
• Able to design efficient and effective processes to achieve desired development outcomes
• Able to manage projects and carry them to completion on schedule
• Careful attention to detail with efficiency and accuracy in data entry
• Good computer skills with a willingness to continuously improve those skills
DESIRED OUTCOMES AND ACTIVITIES
• Complete daily donation receipting in a timely and accurate manner
• Produce accurate year-end receipts for donors
• Plan and coordinate development projects and functions including mailings and cards (Christmas, prayer, special events)
• Maintain inventory of supplies, stamps, envelopes, etc.
• Communicate the BCS mission and outcomes to donors in a compelling manner through student stories and other means
• Maintain the confidentiality of personal and donor information
• Prepare reports to support fundraising efforts of Development
• Arrange development events on and off campus and assist with hosting events as needed
• Maintain a professional atmosphere when representing BCS and the Development office
• Warmly welcome visitors to the office and thank donors when receiving donations in person and over the phone
• Be alert to any information that may contribute to the success of development and communicate it to the other development staff
• Assist with various Development duties and functions
• The Development Assistant reports directly to the Director of Development
• The Development Assistant functions as a member of the Development Office
To apply, please email a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents to the Human Resources office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.